If you’ve ever cleaned the inside of your car, only to be left with a dirty and grimy dash, you’ve probably wondered what the best thing to clean your car dashboard is. You don’t want to harm your vehicle’s interior, but you also want to make sure it’s clean. It can be particularly frustrating if you use a paper towel or other cleaning tool that leaves those telltale small white flecks all over your dash. The dust may be gone but they’ve left an irritating remnant in their place! Dirty car interiors can be both gross and unhealthy, as they are a hotbed of germs that can make us sick. Detail Central can help you make sure your dashboard is kept clean.
The best thing to clean your car dashboard is:
- Vacuum with Attachment
- Soft Microfiber Cloth
- Water and Mild Soap
- Toothbrush or Soft Paintbrush
- To begin, use your vacuum with brush attachments to vacuum the dash. Attempt to pick up any dust or debris on the dash.
- Next, take a soft microfiber cloth, dipped in water, to wipe down your dash. If the interior of your car is particularly grimy, fill a bowl with warm water and mild soap. Use this to wipe the dashboard, steering wheel, hand brake, and interior plastic of your vehicle.
- Likely, it will be difficult to clean in the small crevices and vents. Use a toothbrush, soft paintbrush, or designated dash brush to gently remove dirt. Be careful so you don’t scratch the delicate parts of your car.
- Once your dash is clean and dry – you can use another dry microfiber cloth to rub down the dash if needed – you can add shine by polishing it. You can pick up a wide variety of polishes at automotive parts stores. Pick the polish of your choice and put a small amount onto a clean and dry cloth, then rub the cloth over the dash. Repeat until the entire dashboard is polished. You can polish the center console as well. If there is excess polish when you’ve finished, remove with a dry cloth.
That’s it! You should have a shiny and clean dashboard. If you are looking for someone to take on this task for you, come to Detail Central! Our detailing service will not only leave your dashboard sparkling, we will clean the entire interior and exterior of your vehicle.