Is the interior of your car looking a little worse for the wear? If your floorboards are littered with debris, your dashboard is dusty, and your seats are dirty, it’s probably time to clean the inside of your car. Keeping the interior of your car clean is important because it can extend the life of the leather, vinyl, plastic, and other components with proper maintenance. It can also increase your car’s resale value. Most importantly, it makes you feel good to drive a clean car!
Here are some straightforward steps to clean the inside of your car:
- Take everything non-essential out of your vehicle. Leave the insurance information and the spare tire. The trash under the seats? The pile of grimy change in the center console? The pile of napkins you never use? Remove everything. Throw away all trash and take care of the rest.
- Vacuum everything you can: floorboards, floor mats, seats, vents, dashboard, etc. The more thorough you are with this step, reaching underneath seats and into crevices, the cleaner your car will be.
- Use a soft microfiber cloth and water with mild soap to clean vinyl, rubber, and plastic. This includes your center console, doors, floors, dashboard, or other areas. You can use a stiff-bristled brush if your floor mats are textured vinyl, but use a softer brush, such as a toothbrush or soft paintbrush to clean the crannies and vents in your dashboard.
- If you have leather in your car, use a clean rag and leather cleaner to wipe down all seating, then apply a leather conditioner. For fabric seats, use appropriate upholstery cleaner.
- Lastly, clean the windows and windshield using a window cleaner.
Keeping your car clean (using the proper tools and products) can completely refresh your interior and keep it maintained. If this task is a little daunting, don’t worry. Detail Central offers professional auto detailing that will complete the job in no time. You can drop off your vehicle for a “spa date” and pick up a car that is shiny and clean – inside and out! Let our auto professionals thoroughly clean the entire interior and exterior of your car. We offer three different services: Classic, Signature, and Ultimate, so pick the perfect fit for your vehicle and your budget. We even offer additional services like headlight restoration. Contact us to schedule your detailing today.